POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Where do I start? : Re: Where do I start? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where do I start?
From: Phil Clute
Date: 9 Aug 2000 13:07:44
Message: <39918FFC.CD47C77A@tiac.net>
>  A couple of quick questions if I may, Phil. I have an error at the start
>of the help section. All of the help is there, it's just that when I go to
>the next stages, this error message always pops up, do I go back to the
>Pov-ray website, and e-mail them about it?

Posting to povray.general would be the best thing, most of the time
another
user can answer your questions about any error messages. Besides,
several
of the pov-team members are right here in these groups as well as the
TAG-team
(Technical Assistance Group)who volunteer their expertise in answering
such
questions.
I've never seen that error message. You might want to try re-installing
povray.

> do you think that the prizes for the competition could be up-graded so
> as to attract more entrants?

POV-Ray is free and the people who contribute(you can see who and how
many
at the end of the helpfile)donate their efforts. Noone is getting paid
so
we all do it for the enjoyment. The big prize is the admiration of
fellow
artists who truly understand the work that goes into making a nice
image.

--
Phil
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.